Click on the links below for a description of each job.
What does a sound engineer do?
- Missed this Week’s Top Stories?... — It's easy to miss the SoundGirls news and blogs, so we have put together a round-up of the blogs, articles, and news from the past week. You can keep up to date and read more at [...]
- Systematic Inequality, Part 1: Lesson... — Much of Western culture is heavily influenced by the ancient Greek and Romans. However, we have this way of idealizing the past and forgetting the bad, while still maintaining the negative influences in our [...]
- The Art of Asking for Help — I think anyone who is reading this can probably agree that asking for help is not always easy. I for sure have had this problem a lot and is something I recently discovered; I need to [...]
- Columbus Live Sound Workshop — Columbus SoundGirls Chapter presents a Live Sound Workshop on March [...]
- Prep for Gigs — I like to make diagrams using paper and pen, creating an input list including the channels the microphones/DIs, sends to FX, the monitors and how many XLR lines. If it's going to be recorded, I set up my session in Pro Tools to save some time also. This way, when the day comes, I'm as ready as possible. I always [...]