SoundGirls Scholarships for 2018 –Now Open – Apply Here
2017 SoundGirls Scholarship Winners
Ann-Kristin Blanken – Studying Electrical Engineering specializing is Digital Signal Processing and Computers and Music at the University of Victoria
Fiona Sheil – Sound Designer from Dublin, Ireland – Master Recording Arts Class at Academy of Sound
Kyra Skye Campos-Marquetti – Lead Sound Engineer for Ithaca Underground, Sound Recording Technology at Ithaca College
Jessica Dabbs – Live Sound Program at Blackbird Academy
Essay topic: “Our life on a spaceship: the future of mankind”.
Deadline: December 14, 2018
The best submission will be awarded $2,000 while two runners-up will receive $500 each. All information and eligibility requirements can be found here: https://www.cgtrader.com/
The following scholarships are only available to women. While some financial aid for women may have restrictions and special requirements, this grouping is the most widely available category of scholarships for women. Each of the following college scholarships for women requires the applicant to be enrolled in a university or college program.
Scholarship Resource List
To ensure, men and women alike are presented with ample financial aid opportunities to help ease tuition costs. Our college financial experts at AffordableColleges.com have assembled 29 excellent scholarships for women attending college. AffordableCollege.com’s mission is to help you earn your degree without taking on thousands of dollars in debt. Our site is a free resource designed to help everyone address the costs of college while pursuing their goals. We can show you the path to a reasonably priced higher education.
A Bloomberg study revealed that women with MBAs earned a median of $35,000 less than men eight years after graduating from business school. One particularly painful effect of that earning divide is that it makes paying off student debt loans, which continue to balloon, harder for women at work.
As gender pay gaps widen, loans weigh more heavily on women than on men. It can take women with MBAs over a year longer than men to pay back their student loans.
Check out UNIGO.com for an extensive list of searchable scholarships.
Learn How to Become – College Funding to Help Female Students Access New Opportunities
Western Undergraduate Exchange – If you are applying to a participating out of state school, a WUE Scholarships can pay for 150% of resident tuition (so you don’t end up paying full out of state tuition). Each participating school administers WUE Scholarships differently, so carefully read the information on each school’s website.
Bridges.com Select Choices Planner and in the search engine type the word: scholarships.
Affordable Colleges Foundation Provides free community resource materials and tools on topics such as financial aid and college savings strategies, affordability and scorecard rankings, opportunities for Veterans and people with disabilities, and online learning resources.
U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs –College Fee Waiver – program benefits the spouse and children of U.S. Veterans.
Scholarship Application Tips
FastWeb offers these tips for winning scholarship applications:
- Apply only if you are eligible. Read requirements and directions carefully.
- Complete application in full. If a question does not apply, note that on the application. Do not leave a blank.
- Follow directions. Provide everything that is required, but do not supply things that are not requested – you could be disqualified.
- Neatness counts. Always type the application if you can, or if you must print, do so neatly and legibly.
- Make sure your essay makes an impression. Be personal and specific. Include concrete details to make your experience come alive.
- Watch all deadlines. Don’t send the materials in late – they will be refused.
- Take steps to make sure your entire application gets where it needs to go. Place name on all pages of the application in case it comes apart.
- Give it a final ‘once-over.’ Proofread carefully. Ask another person to read it over before you submit it.