SoundGirls Scholarships for 2018 – Check back in June of 2018.
2017 SoundGirls Scholarship Winners
Ann-Kristin Blanken – Studying Electrical Engineering specializing is Digital Signal Processing and Computers and Music at the University of Victoria
Fiona Sheil – Sound Designer from Dublin, Ireland – Master Recording Arts Class at Academy of Sound
Kyra Skye Campos-Marquetti – Lead Sound Engineer for Ithaca Underground, Sound Recording Technology at Ithaca College
Jessica Dabbs – Live Sound Program at Blackbird Academy
GameDesigning.org $1000 Scholarship
To further opportunities and assist students with their educational goals, undergraduate and graduate students who will be attending an accredited university or college are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship: Video Game Design Scholarship
Company Providing Scholarship: GameDesigning.org
Award Amount: $1000
Number of Awards Available: 1
How to Apply: Write an essay (800-1500 words about what you perceive to be the most revolutionary development in the gaming industry since the turn of the century)
Eligibility: All prospective and currently enrolled undergraduate students are eligible to apply for this award. Prospective students must possess proof of acceptance to an accredited US college, university or vocational/trade school.
Timeline: December 31, 2017.
The following scholarships are only available to women. While some financial aid for women may have restrictions and special requirements, this grouping is the most widely available category of scholarships for women. Each of the following college scholarships for women requires the applicant to be enrolled in a university or college program.
In order to participate in the scholarship content, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be currently attending University or college (or set to attend) during the 2017 calendar year.
- Must be in good standing with current or prospective institution.
- Must apply to the content via email, providing name, address, university name, major and your expected graduation month and year.
- Provide your application (a piece of game-development related work) before December 31st, 2017.
- A winner will be chosen by the 15th January 2018
Scholarship Resource List
To ensure, men and women alike are presented with ample financial aid opportunities to help ease tuition costs. Our college financial experts at AffordableColleges.com have assembled 29 excellent scholarships for women attending college. AffordableCollege.com’s mission is to help you earn your degree without taking on thousands of dollars in debt. Our site is a free resource designed to help everyone address the costs of college while pursuing their goals. We can show you the path to a reasonably priced higher education.
A Bloomberg study revealed that women with MBAs earned a median of $35,000 less than men eight years after graduating from business school. One particularly painful effect of that earning divide is that it makes paying off student debt loans, which continue to balloon, harder for women at work.
As gender pay gaps widen, loans weigh more heavily on women than on men. It can take women with MBAs over a year longer than men to pay back their student loans.
Check out UNIGO.com for an extensive list of searchable scholarships.
Learn How to Become – College Funding to Help Female Students Access New Opportunities
Western Undergraduate Exchange – If you are applying to a participating out of state school, a WUE Scholarships can pay for 150% of resident tuition (so you don’t end up paying full out of state tuition). Each participating school administers WUE Scholarships differently, so carefully read the information on each school’s website.
Bridges.com Select Choices Planner and in the search engine type the word: scholarships.
Affordable Colleges Foundation Provides free community resource materials and tools on topics such as financial aid and college savings strategies, affordability and scorecard rankings, opportunities for Veterans and people with disabilities, and online learning resources.
U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs –College Fee Waiver – program benefits the spouse and children of U.S. Veterans.
Scholarship Application Tips
FastWeb offers these tips for winning scholarship applications:
- Apply only if you are eligible. Read requirements and directions carefully.
- Complete application in full. If a question does not apply, note that on the application. Do not leave a blank.
- Follow directions. Provide everything that is required, but do not supply things that are not requested – you could be disqualified.
- Neatness counts. Always type the application if you can, or if you must print, do so neatly and legibly.
- Make sure your essay makes an impression. Be personal and specific. Include concrete details to make your experience come alive.
- Watch all deadlines. Don’t send the materials in late – they will be refused.
- Take steps to make sure your entire application gets where it needs to go. Place name on all pages of the application in case it comes apart.
- Give it a final ‘once-over.’ Proofread carefully. Ask another person to read it over before you submit it.